December 3rd. meeting minutes

Driftbusters December. 3rd. meeting minutes

Meeting called to order by Pres. James Gelling

Introductions were made by all.

The trophy the Driftbusters received at the Watertown Convention for the largest club was passed around for everyone to look at during the meeting and then was put in the trophy case in the back room of the Pizza Ranch.

Minutes of the Nov. meeting were handed out by Sec. Cheryl Gelling for everyone to read. Pres asked for any corrections or additions, if not he asked for a motion to accept the minutes. Motion to accept was made by Al Nagel, seconded, Ann Nagel, motion accepted.

   Treasurers report by Jim Friedt. Jim stated that he got a nice letter from Bob & Carol Wuertz stating that they were sending a $30 check as a donation to the club. Prior to the meeting we have 87 paid members and 11 associates. Motion to accept by Ken Ham and seconded by Al Nagel, motion accepted.

   SDSA report by Kelly Weaver: International Snowmobile Conference is June 9,10,11 2016 in Rapid City, Kelly stated we will discuss it further at our next meeting as to what the Driftbusters will do for this.

   Advisory report by Al Nagel: Al talked about the reroutes in the Hills. Milbank received a newer groomer from the Hills so now all groomers statewide are rubber track. Al also stated that clubs wanting to drive their rubber track groomers in events, such as parades, can now purchase a supplement to their insurance which will cost $100. Next meeting is Feb. 12th. 2016

   Trail report. The trail is all marked, Robert Teachout of Game, Fish, & Parks stated that he had inspected the trail and presented a list of changes that needed to be made. There has been 1 route change on our trail. The trail will no longer go to Wakeside at Mina, as Wakeside is closed for the winter so the trail will now go to the new M-Station at the intersection of Nesbitt Drive and State Hwy. 12. Sunny Pence stated he is getting labels to put on the signs to cover up Wakeside and add the new M-Station at Mina. Grooming will begin on Dec. 15th. if we have more snow. Kelly Weaver stated that she has the trail maps to hand out after the meeting.

   Emergency reaction by Sunny Pence. Sunny stated that he is working on updating it.

   Safety course by Corey Gelling. No one showed up to take the course this year. Corey asked everyone’s opinion about having the safety course during our convention next year. Discussion was held and it was decided it would be a good idea and we will work on details later.  

   Publicity: Jim Weaver and Duane Sutton met with a representative from the Aberdeen Magazine to put an article about our club in their publication. Jim and Duane will also be meeting with a representative from Dakota Broadcasting about a week before Christmas to do a story on our snowmobile club and trail.

   Charity: There will be a canned food drive along with the holiday party on Dec. 19th. Every member is asked to bring canned goods for this drive.

   Activities/trail rides: The Holiday party will be held for Driftbusters members only at the Richmond Oasis on Dec. 19th. Jim and Sunny will start cooking steaks at 5:30pm. Our club ride is scheduled for the weekend of Jan. 22 in the Black Hills. Anyone wanting to go needs to reserve their rooms at Deadwood Gulch Resort. There are new owners at Trails Head.

   Monthly News Article :  Kelly Weaver stated she would do the next monthly news article.

   Old business:

     Convention Report: Ann Nagel gave a report on the fund raiser we had. We sold 177 $20 tickets for a total of $3,540, we made $1,540 profit. A big thank you to Jim Weaver and Al Nagel who did an awesome job of selling the tickets at the Watertown convention. Kelly Weaver stated that we will need special events insurance for next years convention. Kelly also stated that she talked to John Green and he agreed to come to our convention next year a do a painting. So anyone having any ideas on what to use for a scene for the painting please contact Kelly Weaver. A representative from Artic Cat approached our club stating that they would be interested in helping sponsor a meal at our convention. We have received confirmation on our entertainment for the convention. Discussion was held on having separate monthly meetings for the convention starting in Jan. A list of volunteers from our last convention was passed around and Kelly asked everyone to update it and make any changes on it.  Casey Weismantel from Aberdeen Convention and Visitors Bureau was present at the meeting and stated his group will help any way they can with the convention.

   New business: We received the trophy for largest club in the state.

Split pot drawing: Ken Ham won $29.

Next meeting is Jan 7th. 2016.

Motion to adjourn was made by Stacey Pence, seconded by Ann Nagel, meeting adjourned.

Pres. James Gelling

93total visits,2visits today

Speak Your Mind

*

css.php