February meeting minutes

Driftbusters Feb. 4th. meeting minutes

Meeting called to order by Pres. James Gelling

Introductions were made by all.

Minutes of the Jan. meeting were handed out by Sec. Cheryl Gelling, for everyone to read. Pres. asked for any corrections or additions. If not he asked for a motion to accept the minutes. Motion to accept was made by Jeff Thorne, seconded by Ken Ham, motion carried.

Treasurers Report by Jim Friedt. We have 107 paid members. Motion to accept was made by Tracy Olson, seconded by Evan Halvorson, motion carried.

SDSA Report by Jeff Thorne. Jeff wanted to remind everyone that the Governor’s ride is next week end, Feb.13th. The associates will be having a meeting Mon. Feb. 8th. to finalize all the details. He said the SDSA Board meeting is Fri. 7pm and the advisory meeting is Fri. 6pm.

Advisory Report by Al Nagel. There was nothing new to report at this time.

Trail Report by Jim Gelling & Ken Ham. Ken stated that we have groomed 3 times and we had a good base started for the trail until all the warm weather the last week which pretty much put an end to our trail. Jim stated that the groomer is working great. The stickers for the new MStation at Mina have been put on all the junction signs by Sunny & Stacey Pence.

Emergency Reaction Report by Sunny Pence. Sunny Pence handed out the list of members that are signed up to be available to the Brown County Law Enforcement Agencies to be able help them in cases of emergency such as a blizzard. He asked if anyone new would like to volunteer to put their name on the list.

Safety Course by Corey Gelling. The safety course will be held during our convention in Nov.

Charity. Nothing to report at this time.  

Publicity. Andrew Johnson, with the Aberdeen American News was contacted and he will put a notice in Fridays paper that the radar run has been cancelled for Feb. 6th .

Activities/trail rides. The decision was made to cancel the Driftbusters radar run scheduled for Sat. Feb. 6th. at the Richmond Oasis due to lack of snow. We will reschedule if we get more snow. The Pizza/ swim party will be held at the Super 8 East on April 10th. more details will be decided at the March meeting and be posted on the web site. It was decided not to schedule any trail rides with the idea that maybe that would make it snow.

Monthly News Article. Mathew Olson volunteered to do the next monthly news article.

Convention Report by Kelly Weaver. Convention planning meeting was held on Jan. 19th. Kelly stated Joey Nagel is in charge of making arrangements with Mike Duffy to put on the avalanche course during our convention. Kelly stated that we are looking for sponsors to help share the cost of the avalanche course which is $1,500. Safety course will also be held about the same time as the avalanche course. Dan Rohbach stated that there have been 16 deaths so far this winter attributed to avalanches so he highly recommends anyone that intends on riding in the mountains to take an avalanche course. Exhibitor prices will be $50 for an indoor booth, $25 for an outdoor booth. Christy Nagel has volunteered to do an arts and craft event for the women during the convention. Discussion was held on having shirts for sale during the convention. Discussion was held on having a possible lunch entertainment. Discussion was held on the John Green print. Jim Weaver has found a picture of a groomer coming down a section of the Mickelson Trail in the Black Hills and we thought we would have 4 people on snowmobiles parked on the side of the trail waiting for the groomer to go by. Kelly wanted to remind everyone to start collecting items to donate for the silent auction. Feb 16th. will be the next convention planning meeting at 7pm at the board room at the Ramada.

Old Business: Jim Gelling stated that the photo shoot that was to be held Sat. Feb. 6th. at the Richmond Oasis promoting the Towtector has been postponed until we get more snow. Jefferson Lehman, with Towtector, stated that he will still be coming to Aberdeen and would like to meet with club members at noon Sat. Feb. 6th. at the Richmond Oasis to discuss the details of the photo shoot. The ISC convention will be held in the Black Hills on June 9-11.

New Business. The fall campout and membership drive is set for Sept. 16th. and 17th. at Wylie Park Campground. A block of camp sites are reserved for Driftbusters members. More details will follow.

Split pot drawing winner was Jeff Thorne.

Next club meeting is March 3rd. at 7:30pm at the Pizza Ranch.

A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Stacey Pence and seconded by Ann Nagel, motion carried meeting adjourned. Pres. Jim Gelling

77total visits,2visits today

Speak Your Mind

*

css.php