February Meeting Minutes

Driftbusters Feb. 13th. Meeting Minutes
Meeting was called to order by Pres. Evan Halvorson
Introductions were made by all.
Secretary’s report by Cheryl Gelling: The meeting minutes were handed out prior to the meeting from the Jan. meeting and Evan asked if everyone had read them. Evan asked if there were any corrections or additions if not he asked for a motion to accept. Motion to accept the minutes was made by Al Nagel, seconded by Kenny Ham, motion approved.
Treasurers Report by Ann Nagel: We have 97 members, 16 associate members, and 3 web site. Motion to accept treasurers report by Jim Weaver, seconded by Casey Weismantel, motion approved.
SDSA Report by Kelly Weaver: The Governor’s ride is this weekend. SDSA board meeting is Friday night. The SDSA scholarship program for high school students deadline is Feb. 25th.
Advisory Report by Al Nagel: The board meeting is at 6 pm Friday night. We will do our budget review. We will have a discussion and update on locking differentials for the groomers.
Trail report by Jim Weaver: We are trying to get the trail groomed once a week. We are having to deal with lots of piles of snow on driveways and approaches, as well as signs covered up or knocked down. We had an issue with the groomer last week due to the bitter cold weather the fuel filters were jelled up. When you are riding the trail and you see signs that are knocked down please stop and stand them back up, it is for everyone’s safety. The trail is the best I have seen in a long while. We had to replace the 2 tires on the back of the drag because they were badly weather checked.
Emergency Reaction: Nothing to report at this time.
Safety Report: Corey & Kate Gelling reported that they have not received the safety certificates from the safety course they taught. Jim Weaver called Ryan Raynor about this and Ryan said to resend the information and he will take care of this.
Charity: We did a collection of food items at the Holiday party in Jan. and it was given to the Salvation Army food pantry.
Publicity: Cheryl Gelling stated she got an email from The Dakota Broadcasting station asking if we would like to do a live interview on In Touch in regards to our upcoming Casino Night in March. Casey Weismantel and Kelly Weaver will contact them and set up a date.
Activities: Cheryl Gelling stated that she contacted the Americ Inn to book a date for our upcoming Pizza/Swim party. The only opening they had was Sun. April 28th. She asked what everyone thought about having it that late. Casey Weismantel said he would contact the Ramkota and see if he could work something out. Discussion was held on having a radar run and scheduling some weekend club rides. The decision was made to have a radar run at The Richmond Oasis on Sun. March 3rd. Check the Driftbusters web site or facebook for more information on the radar run and the scheduled club rides. Jim Weaver stated that we will need at least 6 volunteers to help put on the radar run.
New Business: Cheryl Gelling asked if everyone is ok with scheduling our fall campout and membership drive for Sept. 13-14, which is the weekend after Hay Days. Discussion was then held on renting the go-carts. Jim Gelling was asked to contact Wylie Part Go-Carts and see if we could just rent the go-carts for 1 hr. instead of 2 hrs. and if we could do this in the afternoon instead of the evening. Richmond Oasis has offered to give a hot dog and a can of pop to anyone who signs up to be a new Driftbusters member at the Oasis, and asked if we would be willing to furnish the hot dogs and the pop. Casey Weismantel volunteered to take care of this.
News Article: Casey Weismantel will do this.
Old Business: A motion was made by Mark Musel to put the name of every new member (renewing members not considered new members) that signs up between Feb. 1 and May 1st. in a hat for a drawing for $50, motion was seconded by Tom Wanttie, motion approved. Check Driftbusters web site for more details. Cheryl Gelling asked everyone to think about who will be replacing 3 board members, pres. elect, and we need to pick a place for our final April club meeting.
Casey Weismantel updated us on the Casino Night. He handed out a floor plan of the building and showed us where everything will be set up. Explained how many people we will need to run this event. He told us that he has received several donation of items to be used for prizes, but that we also need some more items for door prizes and the small paddle wheel. He encouraged everyone that have not sold their tickets to please do so or turn them back to Ann so they can be redistributed to get them sold.
Next Meeting is WEDNESDAY March 6th. at The Elks Lodge at 7:30pm. with pizza to be ordered.
Motion to adjourn was made by Casey Weismantel, seconded by Kelly Weismantel, meeting adjourned.
Cheryl Gelling, Sec.

3953total visits,1visits today

Speak Your Mind

*

css.php