January Meeting Minutes

                                                   Driftbusters January 8th. Meeting Minutes.

Call to order by Pres. James Gelling,

Introductions were made by all.

Secretary report by Cheryl Gelling. Motion to approve by Duane Sutton, Seconded by Al Nagel, motion approved.

Treasures report by Jim Friedt, We have over 100 members. Motion to approve by Al Nagel, Seconded by Duane Sutton. Motion approved.

Committee reports.

SDSA report by Duane Sutton. The Governor’s ride is the weekend of Feb. 14th. Discussion was held on the   ATV bill.

Advisory report by Al Nagel, nothing new.

Trails report by Jim Weaver, the groomer has been repaired and is ready to go. The total cost to repair the groomer was $2,800. The new stay on shoulder signs have been installed on the directional arrow sign that replaced the chevrons. Jim Gelling stated that he checked with Full Circle Ag. if the approximately 130 gals. of fuel that is in the clubs tank located at Ken Ham’s, is still good or if we need to put some additives in it. Was told that it would still be good for this winter. Hopefully if we get snow and start grooming we will have new fuel added to it.

Emergency reaction report. Nothing to report.

Safety report. Nothing to report at this time.

Charity report. Talked about having a poker run and donating part of the proceeds to a charity.

Publicity report. Have been in contact with Andrew Johnson with the American News about putting an article in the paper on our snowmobile club and our trail. Have tentatively set the date of Thurs. Jan. 15th. at 1pm to meet with a representative of the American News to take some pictures of the groomer and to put together an article.      

Activities and Trail rides. Discussed the upcoming trail rides, radar run and steak feed. Tracy Olson suggested that for the Sat. Feb. 7th. trail ride to Frederick we have a poker run to Frederick followed by a chili feed.  Participants would be required to make stops at Wakeside, Richmond Oasis, Anchors Away, and The Shed to get their card stamped. With the drawing for the winning hand in Frederick. This way if we still don’t have enough snow to ride snowmobile people could participate in their vehicles. Duane Sutton made a motion to donate part of the winnings to the Make A Wish Foundation, seconded by Jenny Johnson, motion approved. Jim Friedt will be checking with our insurance carrier to see if we need any additional coverage. Discussed having prizes at the radar run and decided to table it until next month.

News article, Jim and Kelly Weaver will do the news article for the next Sno Plainsman.

Old business, Discussion was held on having our own paypal account for people who want to pay their dues on line, but because only 4 people from our club paid on line this year the extra cost to the club for our own paypal account would not be feasible. Jim Friedt stated that the checks he sends to SDSA for their portion of the membership dues we collect are not being cashed on a timely manner. He stated that he currently has 3 checks that have not been cashed dated ll/14/14, 12/03/14, and 12/18/14. His concern is are our members being recognized in the system and receiving their Sno Plainsman. He stated he sent an email to Mary Ann Grabow asking how we can resolve this problem. Ann Nagel stated that she would also send a message to the SDSA board making them aware of this problem.

New business, Discussion was held on the 2016 convention. The contract has been signed and returned. Discussion was held on entertainment.

It was decided that anyone going to the Governor’s ride would meet Sat. morning at Rec. Springs or Trailshead.

Next meeting is Thurs. Feb. 5th. at 7:30 pm at the Pizza Ranch.

Motion to adjourn by Al Nagel, seconded by Jim Weaver, motion approved, meeting adjourned.

James Gelling, Pres.

P.S. ANY CLUB MEMBER WHO IS NOT RECEIVING THE SNO PLAINSMAN PLEASE CONTACT CHERYL GELLING AT DRIFTBUSTERS@NRCTV.COM OR CALL 605-329-7402.

79total visits,1visits today

Speak Your Mind

*

css.php