November Meeting Minutes

Driftbusters November 5th. meeting minutes

Meeting called to order by Pres. James Gelling

Introductions were made by all

Minutes of the Oct. meeting were handed out by Sec. Cheryl Gelling for everyone to read. Pres asked for any corrections or additions, if not he asked for a motion to accept the minutes. Motion to accept was made by Al Nagel, and seconded by Jeff Thorne. Motion carried

Treasurers report by Jim Friedt.  67 paid members and 6 associates to date. A motion to accept by Ken Ham seconded by Duane Sutton, motion carried.

Committee Reports

SDSA Report by Jeff Thorne: State Convention is in Watertown on Nov. 13-14. Still have Everyone Wins Tickets for anyone that wants one.

Advisory Report by Al Nagel: Advisory council meeting will be at 10am on Friday at the Ramkota in Watertown. Recreational Trails Fund will be funded again this year as 2 legislators introduced bills to eliminate the funds, one bill was withdrawn and the other one was not filled out properly.

Trail Report by Jim Weaver: It is that time of year to get our trail in by Nov. 23rd so it can be inspected by the state. As soon as trail leaders get their section done contact Jim Weaver so he can contact GF&P so they can inspect it. Jim said that Sunny Pence stated that this is the last year he will be marking his section of the trail which is from Berbos corner on 281 west to the north bridge at Richmond Lake. Duane Sutton has been helping Sunny do this section so we need a volunteer to take Sunny’s place and help Duane mark this section. The groomer is ready to go as it was all serviced last year, it just needs to be hooked up to the drag. Grooming can start Dec. 15th. to March 31st. Same route as last year with one minor change between Wheat Growers and the Soft Ball complex. A Big Thank You to Sunny & Stacey for marking the trail for all these years.  

Emergency reaction: Sonny stated he will continue to handle this and will be putting together a list and bring it to the next meeting.

Safety Report by Corey Gelling: The safety course will be Sat. Nov. 21st. at 3pm in the Primrose Gym (815 N. Second St.) He stated he has some signed up already and anyone wanting more information to call him at 226-4939. Jim and Cheryl will bring the safety simulator back from the Watertown convention.                             Charity: Nothing to report at this time.

Publicity: The club was contacted by Dakota Broadcasting on doing a story on our club and snowmobiling in our area. Jim Weaver and Duane Sutton will meet with Dakota Broadcasting about a week before Christmas to do the story.  Aberdeen Magazine wants to do a story on our club and the things the club does.

Activities/Trail Rides: The club ride in the hills is the weekend of Jan. 22nd. which is also the weekend of the Deadwood SnoCross races. A block of rooms have been reserved for the Driftbusters at Deadwood Gulch Resort. Dec. 19th. will be our holiday party at Richmond Oasis for all Driftbusters members. Jim and Sunny will start cooking the steaks at 5:pm. Local trail rides will be scheduled at a later date if we get snow.

Monthly news article: Jeff Thorne volunteered to do the next news article.

Old Business:

Convention Report by Kelly Weaver & Ann Nagel & Stacey Pence: Ann stated that the $20 raffle tickets need to be turned in before next Sat. at the Watertown Convention. It was discussed and decided that if we haven’t sold enough tickets to cover the $2,000 winner by Sat. at the Convention that we would announce that we would hold off drawing a winner until the Governor’s ride. Kelly stated that she has the Save The Date refrigerator magnets promoting our convention, ready to distribute at the Watertown convention. Kelly stated she received the contract for our entertainment at the convention that needs to be signed and returned. Kelly stated that we have the hospitality room booked for Friday night only next weekend at the Watertown Convention. The club will be providing the snacks and beverages. Kelly stated we need some ideas for off site entertainment during our convention. Joey Nagel stated he will check into having a Back Country Snowmobiling & Avalanche course during our convention and get back to us.

New business: Duane Sutton has the ACSA calendars for 2016 for $20. Split pot drawing was won by Jeff Thorne.

Next meeting is Dec. 3rd at 7:30pm at the Pizza Ranch.

Motion to adjourn was made by Corey Gelling and seconded by Duane Sutton, Meeting Adjourned.            Pres. Jim Gelling.

83total visits,1visits today

Speak Your Mind

*

css.php